CEO Brian Chesky says he's now 'living on Airbnb,' and that half of bookings on the platform are for a week or longer
- Brian Chesky, the CEO of
Airbnb, said he is now living on the platform.
- "I'll be coming back to San Francisco often, but for now my home will be an Airbnb somewhere," he tweeted.
"Starting today, I'm living on Airbnb," the CEO said in a tweet thread on Tuesday.
"This week I'm in Atlanta. I'll be coming back to San Francisco often, but for now my home will be an Airbnb somewhere," he added.
In his thread, Chesky said that the pandemic and the rise of
He highlighted company data from the past year showing that half of the nights booked on Airbnb's platform were for stays longer than a week, roughly a fifth of nights booked were for stays of longer than a month, and about 100,000 Airbnb users booked stays of three months or longer.
"This trend is kind of like a decentralization of living, and it's changing the identity of
Chesky also said that his journeys will help the company better understand the customer experience and make improvements, a la Undercover Boss.
Last summer, the company rolled out new options for the
"In 2022, I think the biggest trend in travel will be people spreading out to thousands of towns and cities, staying for weeks, months, or even entire seasons at a time," Chesky said.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Indian power crisis is far from over as global coal prices surge
- 200 Indian companies register for extended producer responsibility for plastic packaging
- Tata Steel, Bajaj Auto, Bank of Baroda among stocks to watch out for on June 28
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance