ChatGPT to eliminate a lot of current jobs: OpenAI CEO Sam Altman
- CEO of
OpenAI, the company that created ChatGPT, believes that artificial intelligence technology will reshape society as we know it.
- According to ABC News, he believes it comes with real dangers but can also be "the greatest technology humanity has yet developed" to drastically improve our lives.
According to ABC News, he believes it comes with real dangers but can also be "the greatest technology humanity has yet developed" to drastically improve our lives.
"We've got to be careful here. I think people should be happy that we are a little bit scared of this," Altman was quoted as saying.
When asked why he was "scared" about forming his company, he said that if he wasn't, "you should either not trust me or be very unhappy that I'm in this job".
"It is going to eliminate a lot of current jobs, that's true. We can make much better ones. The reason to develop AI at all, in terms of impact on our lives and improving our lives and upside, this will be the greatest technology humanity has yet developed," said OpenAI CEO.
In addition, he discussed the possible effects of chatbots powered by AI on education, including their potential to encourage laziness among students.
"Education is going to have to change. But it's happened many other times with technology. When we got the calculator, the way we taught math and what we tested students on totally changed".
Moreover, Altman and his team want users to think of ChatGPT as a "co-pilot," in any field, someone who can help you write complex computer code or solve problems, said the report.
Last week, OpenAI announced that ChatGPT Plus, the subscription service to access its text-generating AI, is now available in India.
How is GPT-4 different from ChatGPT, and what makes it unique?
Google’s new AI features for Docs, Gmail, and more to rival Microsoft’s workspace tools—here’s what it means
Popular on BI
- Industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla, former CM S M Krishna & others conferred Padma awards
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict