Cloud, 5G and 'wetware' attacks — the 5 biggest cybersecurity threats of 2020
- The era of
artificial intelligence(AI) and machine learning (ML) brings with it the threat of deepfakesand ‘wetware’ attacks.
- 5G’s promise of turbo speeds will also make it stealing data a speedy undertaking.
- Here’s a list of the five biggest
cybersecuritythreats that face internet users in 2020.
It doesn’t matter whether you call data ‘oil’ or ‘water’, it’s undeniable that data breaches and hacks are much more common than they were a year ago.
The issue isn’t restricted to unauthorised access either. Manipulation of data can lead to a whole new level of financial extortion.
“There is an urgency among businesses to safeguard their data and people, as attackers are increasingly harnessing new technologies and techniques to launch attacks on intellectual property and critical data. said Surendra Singh, senior director and country manager for India and SAARC at Forcepoint.
Here are the five biggest cybersecurity threats that the world will face in 2020:
Expect more deepfakes and blackmail
Wetware — artificial intelligence and machine learning give birth to a new threat
Two-factor authentication and one-time passwords won’t be enough to keep you safe
5G will make stealing data faster
Just because you’re cloud smart, doesn’t mean you’re not cloud dumb
Popular on BI
- Inflection Point Ventures’ focus on great founders takes it to Tier 2 & 3 towns
- Report reveals 7 in 10 cyber-security professionals are losing against hackers, organisations report a 10% revenue loss
- Agri-fintech startup Hesa partners Oxecart for helping farmers with market linkages
- Rupee headed lower as RBI intervention unlikely to be “aggressive’
- Elon Musk and Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal escaped questioning ahead of trial