Clubhouse is reportedly in talks to raise funding in a round that values the audio app at $4 billion just a year after it launched
- Clubhouse is looking at a funding round that would value the
appat $4 billion, Bloomberg reported.
- The audio-only app, which launched in March 2020, was valued at around $1 billion in January.
Clubhousesays that it has 10 million weekly users, and other companies are developing competitors.
Clubhouse is in talks to raise funding in a round with a $4 billion valuation just over a year after the audio app launched, Bloomberg reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
This is up to four times the valuation Clubhouse achieved in January.
Read more: The unofficial story of how Clubhouse founders Paul Davison and Rohan Seth failed their way to a $1 billion app
The sources told Bloomberg that the terms of the round could still change, and the publication said it was unclear how much funding Clubhouse was seeking. Andreessen Horowitz has previously invested in the app.
Clubhouse did not immediately respond to request for comment by Insider.
The invite-only app has boomed in popularity over the last few months. The company said in late February that it had more than 10 million active users each week, and celebrities including Paris Hilton, Oprah Winfrey, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, and entrepreneur Mark Cuban have all used the app.
CEO Paul Davison said in late March that Clubhouse could arrive on Android by summer and might ditch its invite-only access. The app has also begun allowing users to send money directly to creators through a partnership with payments company Stripe.
But concerns have been raised over data privacy and the spread of misinformation on the app, and other tech companies, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Spotify, are all working on voice-chat competitors.
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala