Dyson's new headphones with an air purifier bank on people’s masking habits
Dysonhas introduced Dyson Zone, a noise-cancelling headphone that doubles up as an air purifier.
- It covers the mouth and nose, helping you breathe clean air even when you are out.
- The company has not revealed the pricing and availability of the device.
AdvertisementDyson has introduced a bizarre new product and it’s not a vacuum cleaner or a hair dryer, it is a noise-cancelling headphone that also works as an air purifier for your mouth and nose.
The new headphones from the company are a scary reminder of the increasingly polluted world that we live in . However, considering the timing of the announcement, we wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up as an April fool’s prank.
A recent report revealed that Delhi and Mumbai are among the top 10 polluted cities in the world. As per IQAir, there are 14 Indian cities among the list of top 20 most polluted cities in the world.
Dyson Zone features and specifications
With the Dyson Zone, the company has made its debut in the audio segment and the wearables segment. The headphones will protect you against both air and noise pollution when you step out of your home.
The Dyson Zone has repeatedly been developed after 6 years of research and over 500 prototypes. It offers three noise cancellation modes – isolation, conversation and transparency. While isolation offers the highest level of noise cancellation, the transparency mode allows you to stay aware of your surroundings.
The device features a 2-stage filtration process and is capable of filtering city fumes and pollutants. The visor is equipped with a potassium-enriched carbon filter which uses an electrostatic filtration process to purify the air.
“The Dyson Zone purifies the air you breathe on the move. And unlike face masks, it delivers a plume of fresh air without touching your face, using high-performance filters and two miniaturised air pumps,”
iPhones reported as stolen will no longer be repaired by Apple
Top 10 most polluted cities in the world – Guess the two Indian cities in the list
UN report warns of climate-related mass extinctions, including the disappearance of penguins and polar bears
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- It’s not just Mercedes, even bank deposits are competing with equities
- A former Facebook exec says an employee at a 'large tech company' once complained to the CEO in an all-hands meeting about the quality of company toilet paper
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol