Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos agree on at least one thing: They love HBO's 'The Last of Us'
- Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos both love HBO's video-game TV series "The Last of Us."
- Bezos tweeted that Sunday's episode was "unbelievably good story telling," and Musk responded in agreement.
Billionaires Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos have found at least one thing to agree on: They both think HBO's new series "The Last of Us" is great TV.
"Episode 3 of Last of Us is unbelievably good story telling," Bezos, the Amazon founder and chairman, tweeted on Tuesday. "I am in awe of @Nick_Offerman performance. Incredible."
"Great game, great show," Twitter owner Musk responded.
"The Last of Us" is an adaptation of the 2013 video game of the same name. Set 20 years after a fungal pandemic, the show stars Pedro Pascal as Joel, who must escort a teenage girl Ellie, played by Bella Ramsey, across a post-apocalyptic US.
The show has gained widespread acclaim, with a 96% Rotten Tomatoes critic score. It's a hit with audiences, too: HBO said the first two episodes are averaging over 21 million viewers each since the series premiered two weeks ago.
The most recent episode, which Bezos lauded, has received a particularly strong reaction. While the episode was watched by over 6 million viewers on Sunday night and has garnered a positive response from critics, it has been review-bombed by angry fans who don't like its depiction of a same-sex relationship.
Musk is an avid video-game fan, and in 2020 tweeted his favorite games of all time. The list didn't include "The Last of Us," which a Twitter user pointed out. Musk responded that he would play the game, adding that since he plays on a PC, he "missed some of console exclusives."
Bezos' Amazon has dabbled in making video games, with largely underwhelming results, including the online multiplayer game "New World." But the company is also in the business of making video-game TV shows for its Prime Video streaming service and has several in the works, including "God of War" and "Fallout."
The agreement on "The Last of Us" is a rare break in the rivalry between Bezos and Musk.
The feud between the billionaires has stretched over a decade and largely centers around their visions for space travel.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade