Elon Musk appeared to make another dig at rival Jeff Bezos over a report that Musk's attention is drifting away from Tesla
Elon Muskappeared to make another jab at one of his main rivals, AmazonCEO Jeff Bezos.
- "Give my regards to your puppet master," Musk told The
- That seemed to be a reference to Bezos' ownership of The Post.
It appears that the Elon Musk-Jeff Bezos feud is still raging.
The two tech moguls have recently been flip-flopping for the title of the richest person in the world, but they also have a years-long feud that began over their competing outer-space ambitions. It seems Musk hasn't forgotten.The Washington Post's Faiz Siddiqui published a report on Tuesday about how the demands on Musk's time - including his travel schedule, personal life, and focus on
"Give my regards to your puppet master," Musk said.The comment appeared to be a reference to Bezos' ownership of The Post - he bought the paper in 2013 for $250 million in cash.
Both Bezos and The Post have repeatedly said he has no influence on editorial decisions. But that hasn't stopped critics from conflating the billionaire tech founder and the nearly 150-year-old publication, the most vocal among them former President Donald Trump. As president, Trump frequently targeted Bezos and The Post, tweeting that the paper spread "fake news" and served as Amazon's "chief lobbyist."With this latest barb, Musk is adding fuel to a rivalry with Bezos that dates back to at least 2004. Over the past 15 years, Musk has leveled a string of criticisms at Bezos and his rocket company,
"Go live on the top of Mount Everest for a year first and see if you like it, because it's a garden paradise compared to Mars," Bezos said in 2019.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry