Elon Musk changes his Twitter bio to 'Chief Twit' ahead of rapidly approaching deadline to finalize deal
- Elon Musk changed his Twitter bio to "Chief Twit" on Wednesday.
- It could be a sign that he plans to appoint himself Twitter CEO once he purchases the platform.
Elon Musk changed his Twitter bio to "Chief Twit" on Wednesday, as the Tesla CEO and world's richest man enters the final stages of finalizing a deal to acquire the company.
The change could be a sign that Musk plans to appoint himself CEO of Twitter once he acquires it — or create a "made-up" title as he has at Tesla, where he is listed on financial documents as "Technoking."
CNBC first reported in May that Musk was likely to name himself interim CEO after closing the $44 billion deal. It would be a temporary arrangement that would last "a few months," according to CNBC. But a lot has changed since May, so it's unclear if Musk plans to take on a temporary or permanent title, if any at all.
Musk did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.
Twitter's current CEO is Parag Agrawal, whose relationship with Musk imploded after Musk's initial offer. Some of the released texts showed the falling out that led to Musk initially pulling out of the deal.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts
- An app that wants to turn fear of stock markets into fun raises ₹75 lakh from sharks
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India