Elon Musk mocks Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin flight by saying 'your rocket can be shorter' for suborbital launches
Elon Muskjoked about the shape of Blue Origin's New Shepardrocket at the Code ConferenceTuesday.
- Musk said "your rocket can be shorter" for suboribital flights, prompting laughs from the audience.
- The heated rivalry between Musk and Bezos often shows up via their respective
At the Code Conference on Tuesday, interviewer
"I think it could be a different shape potentially," Musk said initially.
Pressed by Swisher about possible technical justifications for the shape, Musk added: "If you're only going suboribital, your rocket can be shorter," drawing laughs from the audience.
In July, Bezos completed a 3-minute suborbital trip in a flight unlike any prior launch, with no pilot and no spacesuits.
Musk's company, SpaceX, completed the first all-tourist flight to orbit the earth earlier this month, and he and Bezos have frequently jousted on social media and through regulators and other legal avenues. Blue Origin has filed a flurry of complaints to the FCC about SpaceX's Starlink satellite-internet network and other matters.
"I think he should put more energy in getting to orbit than lawsuits," Musk said when asked by Swisher about Blue Origin's legal actions. "You can't sue your way to the moon no matter how good your lawyers are."
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states