Elon Musk said he was a Secret Service 'special agent' when he donated to the Republican Party, an FEC filing shows
Elon Musksaid he was a "special agent" when he donated to the Republican Party in January.
FECfiling showed that Musk listed his employer as the US Secret Service.
- He had previously listed aerospace company
SpaceXas his employer on political donations.
Elon Musk has already changed his title at
The tech billionaire donated $990 to the Republican National Committee across January 7 and 8, and listed his job as a "special agent" at the US Secret Service, new Federal Election Commission filings showed.
There is no evidence that Musk has any connection to the US Secret Service.
In donations made between 2018 and 2020, Musk listed his employer as aerospace company SpaceX, apart from one donation where he listed Tesla as his employer. He is the CEO of both companies.
Tesla and SpaceX did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
The new FEC filings also showed that Musk listed his residence as Little Elm, a city in the wider Dallas area. Musk has been one of the driving forces behind the tech migration from Silicon Valley to the Lone Star State, and has said that he is trying to form a new city called Starbase at SpaceX's launch facilities in Texas.
Musk has previously given to both Democrats and Republicans. He has donated to the presidential campaigns of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former President Barack Obama, and former President George W. Bush, FEC filings showed.
He also made 14 donations of $2,800 each on November 2 to a range of both Democratic and Republican senators, including Michigan Sen. Gary Peters and Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders