Elon Musk says he doesn't 'really care' about being CEO of Twitter or his title: 'But people do need to listen to me'
Elon Muskaddressed Twitter employees for the first time in an hour-long meeting on Thursday.
- He said he doesn't care about being
During his first meeting with Twitter employees this week, Elon Musk said he doesn't care about being the company's CEO.
"There are a lot of chores to being CEO. And I just want to make sure that the product evolves rapidly and in a good way," Musk said in a recording of the hour-long meeting reviewed by Insider.
"I don't really care what the title is. But people do need to listen to me," he added.
The billionaire has expressed a similar philosophy on executive titles at his companies
"All of these other titles are just basically made up," Musk previously said at The Wall Street Journal's 2021 CEO Council Summit. "So CEO is a made-up title, CFO is a made-up title, general counsel ... They don't mean anything."
At SpaceX and Tesla, Musk is more preoccupied with engineering and production than the administrative and operational taks that usually come along with the CEO title, he explained at Thursday's Twitter all-hands meeting. If Musk's deal to purchase Twitter goes through, the billionaire said he wants to center his attention on the app's "software and product design."
"If I say 'Hey, we need to improve the product in the following way and add these features' then, like, I do expect that people will listen to me in this regard," he told Twitter employees.
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden