Elon Musk says his last 3 months were 'extremely tough' because he had to 'save Twitter from bankruptcy'
- Elon Musk said Sunday he'd had an "extremely tough" three months.
- He said he'd had to "save Twitter from bankruptcy" while "fulfilling essential Tesla & SpaceX duties."
Elon Musk has said he's had an "extremely tough" three months trying to juggle his duties at Twitter, Tesla, and SpaceX.
The billionaire tweeted Sunday that he'd had to "save Twitter from bankruptcy" while "fulfilling essential Tesla & SpaceX duties," adding: "Wouldn't wish that pain on anyone."
Musk completed his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter in October, having tried for months to back out of the deal. Since taking control of the company, he's laid off thousands of employees as he seeks to cut costs across the board.
Musk, who said previously that Twitter was losing more than $4 million a day, said Sunday the company was now "trending to breakeven if we keep at it." However, he added that Twitter was not "financially healthy yet."
Musk was responding to a report in The Wall Street Journal about the state of his health, his extreme workload, and the amount of sleep he gets.
He said previously his workload increased from 80 hours per week to more than 120 hours per week after taking over Twitter. "Go to sleep, I wake up, work, go to sleep, work, do that seven days a week," he told billionaire investor Ron Baron in an interview in November 2022.
Musk has had issues with his back and neck. In 2020, he responded to a Twitter user who asked about a scar on his neck, saying he'd had two spinal cord surgeries.
Musk has promised to eventually bring in another executive to serve as Twitter CEO and has played down concerns about the time he has to work on his other businesses.
Representatives for Musk did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet