Elon Musk says his vacations are like 'email with a view'
- Elon Musk has described his vacations as "email with a view."
- He made the comment while testifying in court over his $55 billion Tesla pay package, per Bloomberg.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk, famed for his hardcore work ethic, has described his vacations as "email with a view."
According to Bloomberg, Musk was questioned by the plaintiff's lawyer about vacations he and James Murdoch, a Tesla director, had reportedly taken together.
"'Vacation' is a strong word," Musk responded, per Bloomberg. "For me it's an email with a view."
Tesla and a spokesperson for the Delaware court didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, made outside US business hours.
Musk says he seeks to lead by example, and expects similar levels of commitment from his employees at Tesla, SpaceX, and now Twitter, which he bought at the end of October.
Earlier this week, Musk told Twitter workers in a late-night email that they had to commit to his "extremely hardcore" vision for the social-media company or be laid off.
In Wednesday's court hearing, Murdoch testified that Musk had identified a potential successor for the role of Tesla CEO but didn't specify who that person was.
- Moody's raises India's 2024 growth forecast to 6.8%
- Bengaluru cafe blast case handed over to NIA, say sources
- Niche Business Ideas
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today