Elon Musk says Russia has stepped up efforts to jam SpaceX's Starlink in Ukraine
- Russia has ramped up efforts to hack
SpaceX's Starlinkinternet in Ukraine, Elon Musksaid.
- So far, Starlink has managed to resist Russia's attempts to
hackthe technology, Musk said.
Elon Musk said on Tuesday that Russia has increased its efforts to jam SpaceX's Starlink
"Starlink has resisted Russian cyberwar jamming & hacking attempts so far, but they're ramping up their efforts," Musk tweeted.
The SpaceX CEO linked a Reuters article, published on Tuesday, which reported that Russia carried out a cyberattack against satellite broadband provider Viasat on the day in February when President Vladimir Putin's troops advanced into Ukraine, according to Western officials.
The UK government said in a press release on Tuesday that the hack left thousands of Viasat users without
There was no indication that Starlink had been affected or targeted in the cyberattack cited in Tuesday's reports.
Russian hostility towards Starlink and Musk appears to have grown since Starlink started shipping terminals to Ukraine after Russia's invasion and the ensuing interruption to internet access. Starlink sent the technology after Mykhailo Fedorov, the country's vice prime minister, called on Musk for help in late February. Starlink has reportedly helped Ukrainian troops stay online amid Russian's invasion.
Musk first announced in March that Russia had tried to attack the Starlink network but said that the company had, at that point, "resisted all hacking and jamming attempts."
Dave Tremper, a Pentagon official, told the C4ISRNET Conference in April that Starlink rapidly fought off a Russian jamming attack in Ukraine and defended the hack much quicker than the US military would have done.
The company has continued to send shipments of Starlink terminals to Ukraine, according to tweets by Fedorov. The service has provided "crucial support for Ukraine's infrastructure and restoring the destroyed territories," Fedorov has said.
Musk appeared to joke on Sunday that he could "die under mysterious circumstances" following a statement that he said Roscosmos
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days