Elon Musk used Twitter to invite Russian President Vladimir Putin to join him for a chat on Clubhouse
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk invited Russian President Vladimir Putin to join him on Clubhouse.
- "It would be a great honor to talk to you," said Musk on Twitter.
- Musk has previously been active on Clubhouse and recently hosted an interview with Robinhood's CEO.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Saturday invited Russian President Vladimir Putin to join him on Clubhouse, the invite-only audio chat app.
"@KremlinRussia_E would you like to join me for a conversation on Clubhouse?" Musk wrote on Twitter.
—Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 13, 2021In a follow-up tweet, Musk wrote: "было бы большой честью поговорить с вами." According to Google Translate, that means: "It would be a great honor to talk to you."
It wasn't immediately clear from Musk's statement why he sought to connect with representatives from the Kremlin. The Twitter handle Musk tagged is the official account of the president of Russia, longtime leader Vladimir Putin.Musk has been active on Clubhouse, a buzzy, invite-only app where users can join drop-in audio conversations. Other high-profile founders and executives have also logged onto Clubhouse for conversations, including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
hosting a conversation with Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev. Last week, Musk said on Twitter he'd agreed to make a Clubhouse appearance with Kayne West, saying: "The most entertaining outcome is the most likely." The Kremlin's Twitter account had not replied to Musk's message early Sunday morning. Insider reached out to the Kremlin for comment on Sunday.
Earlier this year, local reports said the Russian government may fine users of SpaceX's Starlink Internet. An analyst told Insider at the time he believed it was easier for Russia to fine citizens, rather than Starlink.
- Kerala's COVID-19 test positivity rate reaches 27.28% with over 42,000 new cases today
- Adani Power registers profits after a disappointing loss-making quarter last year
- Star India Network garnered a cumulative reach of 352 million in the first 26 matches
- Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2021: Remembering some of his greatest words
- Non-residents will have to pay tax in India if transactions exceed ₹2 crore