Elon Musk's 76-year-old dad says he's had another child with his 35-year-old stepdaughter: 'The only thing we are on Earth for is to reproduce'
Elon Musk's father told The Sun he had a second child with his 35-year-old stepdaughter.
- "The only thing we are on Earth for is to reproduce," he said, echoing his son's remarks on kids.
Elon Musk's dad has fathered a second child with his stepdaughter, who is 41 years his junior, he said in a new interview.
The elder Musk and Bezuidenhout previously welcomed a son, Elliot Rush, who is now 5 years old.
Bezuidenhout's mother, Heide, and Musk were married for 18 years and share two children. Bezuidenhout was 4 years old when Musk became her stepfather.
Errol and Maye Musk were married from 1970 to 1979 and share three children: Elon, Kimbal, and Tosca.
Errol Musk told The Sun the child "wasn't planned," adding that he and Bezuidenhout lived together for roughly 18 months after the birth of their first child. They no longer live together but "have a lot of affection for each other," he said.
The elder Musk said his daughters were "shocked" by his relationship with Bezuidenhout. The New York Post reported that he had fathered a total of seven children.
"To them it was their sister," he told The Sun. "They still feel a bit creepy about it, because she's their sister. Their half-sister."
Speaking with the tabloid, Musk echoed his son's views on population growth.
"The only thing we are on Earth for is to reproduce," he said. "If I could have another child I would. I can't see any reason not to."
Today, Errol and Elon Musk are estranged.
A day later, he tweeted, "Doing my best to help the underpopulation crisis. A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far."
The tech billionaire has repeatedly expressed concern about falling birth rates over the years. Last year, he tweeted that "civilization is going to crumble" if people don't have more children.
Experts say declining birth rates don't have to spell disaster if governments and corporate leaders take the right steps to adjust to a world with fewer people.
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Best laptops with Intel i7 processors in India
- Best entry-level smartphones in India for 2023
- Samsung to manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India
- Samsung launches four new laptops in the Galaxy Book3 series with a bigger display and new processor
- Social isolation linked to dementia risk factors says a study in Canada