For a jaded tech reviewer who plays with the latest and greatest smartphones every year, the OnePlus 7T shouldn't feel that special - but it does
Crystal Cox/Business Insider
- Few smartphones impress me as much as those from OnePlus, and the OnePlus 7T made sure I keep feeling that way.
- The $600 OnePlus 7T really makes you wonder why other smartphones with similar specs and features cost so much. The performance is infallible, the triple-lens camera is great, the battery life is solid, and it charges absurdly quickly - and it looks pretty good, too!
- The only compromise you'd have to consider is a lack of wireless charging and no official "IP" water resistance ratings. The next best phone with those features is the $700 iPhone 11, and the $750 Galaxy S10e.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
As someone who uses the latest and greatest smartphones from companies like Apple, Samsung, and LG every year, you could argue that I'm a little jaded.
Most new smartphones are great, and they come with cool new features sometimes. But the element of surprise and wonder of a new device is unfortunately mostly lost on me. I grab a box containing a $1,000 smartphone from the Business Insider mail room as if it was a pizza delivery - there's slight excitement for the contents, but it's commonplace and not incredibly special.
Lo, the perils of being a tech reporter.
But twice a year, new phones from OnePlus reignite that missing sense of excitement in a new smartphone. The excited question I ask myself whenever a new OnePlus phone comes out is: "How can this company possibly top the previous phone while keeping it at an attainable price?"
In early 2019, it was the OnePlus 7 Pro. Now, towards the end of 2019, it's the OnePlus 7T.
Well, they've done it again. Not necessarily with crazy features or things that absolutely no other phone can do; it's that the OnePlus 7T is so good and such a good price.
Here's how OnePlus and the OnePlus 7T continues to surprise me while my drawer is full of the top smartphones from the biggest tech companies:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
OnePlus phones have typically always been faster than other Android phones, but combined with a silky-smooth 90Hz screen, the OnePlus 7T feels unstoppable.
The OnePlus 7T has better specs than most Android flagships of 2019, and it shows.
Plus, it runs a clean and simple version of Android that doesn't feel like it's trying to distance itself from Android.
The OnePlus 7T looks great, but so does every other smartphone, at least those that cost $300 more.
The OnePlus 7T has a triple-lens camera system, just like smartphones that cost $300 more (and it's a great camera, too).
I can comfortably use the OnePlus 7T all day without worrying about battery life, and the new "Warp Charge 30T" charger is stunningly fast.
I fully understand that people like different things, and variety is good. But the OnePlus 7T is one of the few devices that makes me wonder why anyone would buy anything else.
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company