Former SpaceX engineer says his pizza-making robot, located across the road from Elon Musk's HQ, sprayed cheese everywhere during testing
engineersaid his pizza-making robotsprayed cheese everywhere during initial testing.
- CEO Benson Tsai, who worked at
SpaceXfor five years, said there was a bug in the robot's system.
A former SpaceX engineer said his new robot that makes a pizza every 45 seconds, sprayed cheese everywhere when it was first built.
Benson Tsai, who worked at Elon Musk's
One of the failures happened three years ago when the pizza-making robot "dumped melted cheese everywhere" during testing, Tsai said.
Stellar Pizza's robot was attempting to make a cheese pizza, but the robot's motors started spinning the wrong way, pulled the cheese off the pizza and onto the automated peel, which slides the pizza in and out of the machine.
The cheese went in all the wrong places, according to Tsai.
The company figured out that there was a bug in the robot's system, which caused the cheese explosion, Tsai said. "It's funny but it's all part of the design process."
"While we don't like wasting cheese, an event like this is a great learning opportunity for our team," Tsai said. "It was much cheaper than crashing a rocket to gain insight into our machine."
Stellar Pizza's pizza-making robot fits into the back of a truck, which is parked across the street from SpaceX headquarters in California, according to Tsai, who used to design advanced battery systems for the company's rockets and satellites.
Musk hasn't tried the pizza yet, as far as Tsai was aware, but he said a lot of his old coworkers at SpaceX have tried it.
Customers order the pizza solely through an app. It costs $7 for a 12 inch, and prices can go up to $10, Tsai said.
Stellar Pizza, which is hoping to open in spring this year, wants to roll out up to six pizza-making robots in trucks in the next year, Tsai added.
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data