Former Tesla employees reveal what it's like to work with Elon Musk,
Rashid Umar Abbasi / Reuters
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk is a complicated figure.
- Nine former Tesla employees who worked with Musk or interacted with him on multiple occasions shared their impressions of him.
- Their tenures at Tesla collectively span from 2010 to 2019.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk is a complicated figure.
Nine former Tesla employees who worked with Musk or interacted with him on multiple occasions shared their impressions of him. (Eight requested anonymity due to a fear of reprisal from the electric-car maker.)
Here's what they said.
Are you a current or former Tesla employee? Do you have an opinion about what it's like to work there? Contact this reporter at email@example.com.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
Some employees were afraid of him
He's very smart
He makes his employees better
He's very responsive to social media
He didn't always give senior-level employees a lot of autonomy
He has very high standards
He can set unrealistic goals
When he gives his attention to a project, it can be good and bad
He thinks outside of the box
He's very energetic
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments