Google will invest $10 billion in India, as CEO Sundar Pichai says India will lead the next wave of innovation
Google for India screenshot
- Google has announced that it will invest a whopping $10 billion in India through the Google for India Digitization Fund.
- Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google said that the investment will be done over the next 5-7 years.
- The company has identified four investment areas in India.
Google will invest in the following four areas
- First, enabling affordable access and information for every Indian in their own language, whether it’s Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi or any other
- Second, building new products and services that are deeply relevant to India’s unique needs.
- Third, empowering businesses as they continue or embark on their digital transformation.
- Fourth, leveraging technology and AI for social good, in areas like health, education, and agriculture.
Google follows Facebook – partners with CBSE
Google has also announced a partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education, just days after social media giant Facebook too had partnered with the board. Through its partnership, Google aims to enable over 1 million teachers across 22,000 schools in India.
The tech giant also announced an additional investment of $1 million into Kaivalya Education Foundation to train 700,000 teachers on online education to impart knowledge to children in low income communities in India.
The company’s marketing head for India and Southeast Asia Sapna Chadha also spoke about Google’s efforts in vernacular language education in India. She said that over the last few years, Google.org, Google’s philanthropic venture, has invested $12 million into companies like TheTeacherApp, Pratham and Central Square Foundation to create content in local languages.
Amazon told employees to delete TikTok from their phones — then walked back the policy and said it was an 'error'
INTERVIEW: Shaaz Jung opens up about the blood, sweat and years behind the viral images of a rare black panther
Intel will speed up Mukesh Ambani’s 5G run, power him with AI and possibly a Jio laptop— all in return for massive amount of data
- Best 48MP camera phones in India
- TN SSLC result: Tamil Nadu Board to declare class 10 board exam result soon
- How Fork Media Group is helping publishers and marketers strengthen their content marketing offerings
- 1 million tons of contaminated radioactive water still plagues Japan nearly a decade after the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Maharashtra government partners with Google to provide remote learning to 23 million students