Google’s latest update brings safer browsing, a new home screen, better translation and more for Chrome on iOS
- Enhanced Safe Browsing was earlier present on Android
- Google said, more features will be coming to Chrome on iOS in the coming weeks.
Features such as Enhanced Safe Browsing were already present on Chrome’s Android and desktop versions. Google also said, more features will be coming to Chrome on iOS in the coming weeks.
New features coming to Chrome for iOS
Enhanced Safe Browsing
With this new feature, users will get enhanced protection from malware, phishing and other web-based threats.
When the user turns on the Enhanced Safe Browsing feature, Chrome will predict and warn if a website is unsafe by sending checking information. Chrome will also warn you when your username or password has been compromised.
To enable enhanced safe browsing-
- Update your Chrome to its latest version.
- Then click on More > Settings > Enhanced Safe Browsing
With this update, Google is adding the AutoFill passwords feature. It will automatically fill in your password on any application or website.
To enable autoFill passwords-
- Open Chrome on iPhone or iPad.
- Go to ‘Setting’ and tap on ‘Passwords.’
- Then tap on ‘Passwords in other apps.’
- Then, click on ‘Open settings.’ It will take you to ‘Passwords,’ tap on ‘AutoFill Passwords’ and select ‘Chrome’ to enable autoFill passwords.
Revamped home screen
This feature brings redesigned Chrome’s main screen. A new interface helps in discovering new content or starting a fresh search. Meanwhile, users will still be able to see recent tabs and frequently visited websites.
Improved website language translation
Chrome for iOS and iPad is getting improved website language translation. This feature uses on-device machine learning to make websites available in your local language.
Google has not added this feature yet but once released users can access different features from the Chrome address bar such as clear browsing data, set Chrome as the default browser, and open an incognito tab or window.
Rejected i-banks, manufacturers for not having enough women on board says Mamaearth founder
Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade