Google is expected to launch a cheaper version of its Pixel 4 smartphone this year - here's everything we know about it so far
Crystal Cox/Business Insider
The Google Pixel 4
- Google is rumored to be working on a new phone called the Pixel 4a, which would be a low-cost version of the Pixel 4.
- It would come after Google released the Pixel 3a last year, a cheaper alternative to the Pixel 3.
- The phone is expected to come with a single-lens camera and a borderless screen, according to leaked images.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Google's $400 Pixel 3a was well received when it launched last year, and now the search giant could be preparing to launch another similar phone in just a few months.
Google is rumored to be working on a new phone called the Pixel 4a, which, like the Pixel 3a, would serve as a lower-priced alternative to Google's current flagship smartphone. The tech giant hasn't confirmed whether or not it's definitely planning to launch a new sequel to the Pixel 3a.
But Mario Queiroz, the Google executive who previously oversaw its Pixel division before more recently moving to a new leadership role within the company, said it plans to bring premium features to cheaper phones moving forward.
"We think there are a lot of people who would like to get those experiences but they can't now because those phones cost $1,400," he said in an interview with Business Insider last year.
The Pixel 3a starts at $400, which is roughly half the price of the Pixel 4. The larger-sized Pixel 3a XL is priced at $480, also making it noticeably cheaper than the $900 Pixel 4 XL.
Here's a look at what we're expecting to see from the Pixel 4a, based on rumors that have emerged so far.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
It will probably look like the Pixel 4, but with some important differences.
The Pixel 4a will also have a fingerprint sensor on the back.
It's expected to be one of the few new smartphones with a headphone jack.
It will have a single camera lens on the back, unlike the Pixel 4.
It will probably launch in the spring.
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu
- Slip and slide: Ten brands that shed the most value in 2023
- Ready to debut: Two Tata SUVs to see facelifts this October, and more
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try