Google's I/O conference is returning May 18-20 and will be entirely virtual
- The conference was canceled entirely last year because of the pandemic.
- I/O is Google's biggest annual event, where it showcases upcoming software updates and, occasionally, new hardware.
Google will return to its annual I/O developer conference this year after skipping last year's event due to the pandemic. It will be free and held in an online-only format, the company confirmed Wednesday.canceled it entirely.
I/O is Google's biggest annual event and is typically held at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, near the company's headquarters in Mountain View, California. Its 2019 conference drew more than 7,000 attendees. A Google spokesperson declined to comment on this year's conference.Google uses I/O to showcase advances in its software and AI, including upcoming changes to the Android smartphone operating system.
Although Google typically holds a separate event for hardware later in the year, it has launched new devices at I/O in the past, including new additions to its Pixel smartphone line.Some recent reports suggest the company has some imminent announcements for its smartphone lines - maybe I/O is where we'll hear about them. Are you a current or former Google employee with a tip? You can contact this reporter securely using the encrypted messaging apps Signal and Telegram (+1-628-228-1836) or via encrypted email (email@example.com). Reach out using a nonwork device.
- By air, rail and road – how oxygen is being transported across India amidst a severe COVID-19 crisis
- Voice search queries in India are growing at 270% per year: MMA and Isobar Report
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries buys Britain's iconic country club Stoke Park for ₹592 crore
- Instagram is bringing ads to Reels in India; here are a few formats it is planning to add
- Simplified: AIIMS, ICMR new guidelines for treatment of patients with ‘moderate’ case of COVID-19