Google's new Nest Aware subscription plans make it easier and cheaper to set up a home security camera system — here's what you need to know
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
On their own, without a plan,
Nest Aware even lets you set up Nest cameras and devices to act like commercial security cameras with 24/7 video recordings.
Google's new Nest Aware plans are evolutions of the original plans in one big way — instead of buying plans for each of your Nest cameras and devices, the new Nest Aware lets you buy one plan for all your Nest devices.
What is Nest Aware and how much does it cost?
Nest Aware is a subscription service that stores footage recorded by your Nest cameras and devices, which you can then review on your mobile devices or online. How much video is recorded and stored depends on which plan you go for.
- Nest Aware: 30 days of video event history for $6 per month (or $60 per year). That means events like movement and sounds are recorded and stored for 30 days. 24/7 video is not recorded with this plan.
- Nest Aware Plus: 60 days of video event history, and 10 days of 24/7 video recordings for $12 per month, or $120 per year.
- One plan covers all your Nest devices and cameras. If you have several Nest cameras and devices, each with their own original Nest Aware plans, the new plans should make it significantly cheaper and easier to manage for you.
How do I switch to a new Nest Aware plan?
You can switch to a new Nest Aware plan by heading to the Google Store online. Just note that
Yes. If you don't like the look of the new Nest Aware plans, you can keep whatever you have now.
Which devices work with the new Nest Aware?
The new Nest Aware plans work with:
Nest Cam Indoor, $129.00 at Walmart
Nest Cam IQ Indoor, $262.50 at Walmart while stocks last, originally $299.99 [You save $37.50]
Nest Cam Outdoor, $187.99 at Walmart, originally $199.99 [You save $12]
Nest Cam IQ Outdoor, $379.99 at Walmart, originally $399.99 [You save $20]
Nest Hello video doorbell, $179.95 at Walmart, originally $229 [You save $49]
Nest Mini, $39.99 at Walmart, originally $49 [You save $10]
Nest Hub, $89.99 at Walmart, originally $149 [You save $59]
Nest Hub Max, $229.99 at Best BuyRead the original article on Business Insider
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200