Here’s how you can enable dark mode for Google Chrome
Image by Deepanker Verma from Pixabay
Dark mode has become one of the most sought after feature in the recent times and for a good reason. In addition to reducing exposure to blue light that affects your ability to sleep, it also reduces battery consumption in smartphones.
As Android and iOS have system-wide dark mode available, most applications too introduced a dark mode.
How to enable dark mode for Google Chrome on Android
To enable dark mode for Google Chrome on your Android smartphone, follow the steps:
- As dark mode is an experimental feature on Google Chrome, you will have to enable it from Chrome Flags.
- First, enter chrome://flags in Chrome’s address bar.
- Now, click on the ‘Search Flags’ box and search the word ‘Dark’. You will find two options – ‘Force dark mode for web contents’ and ‘Android Chrome UI dark mode’.
- If you enable dark mode for web contents, Chrome will enable dark mode for the site’s which have a dark mode version. If there’s no dark version, Chrome will invert the site’s colours.
- If you enable the Chrome UI dark mode, the browser’s interface will be available in dark mode.
While Google has not introduced a dark mode for iOS devices, you can enable the invert colors feature to get a similar effect.
- To begin, open ‘Settings’ and select ‘General’.
- Then, go to ‘Accessibility’ and go to ‘Display accommodations’.
- Now, enable the ‘Classic invert’ option to invert the colours.
While Google Chrome has always offered themes for its browser, you can also enable dark mode using the system settings.
- Click on the Windows button at the bottom left corner.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Now, click on ‘Personalization’ and select ‘Colors’.
- Now, click on ‘Choose your color’ and select ‘Dark’.
- Now, all apps that have a native dark mode will change to dark mode, including Google Chrome.
- From BYJU’S to Unacademy – competition in India’s fast-rising online education sector
- After Happiest Minds Tech, Route Mobile doubles the money invested in the IPO
- Rapido shifts focus to logistics; sees 25% business recovery and aims for 1.5x growth next year over FY20
- Major drug consignment recovered in UP district
- HCL acquires leading Australian IT firm DWS