Apple releases updates for iPhone, Watch, and Mac: Here’s what’s new in macOS Ventura 13.3, iOS 16.4, and watchOS 9.4
Image credits- Apple
Applehas released macOS Ventura13.3, iOS 16.4, and watchOS 9.4, offering new features and bug fixes for iPhone, Watch, and Macusers.
- iOS 16.4 brings voice isolation to regular phone calls, duplicate photo detection in shared albums, changes to the Music app, and new accessibility options, among other updates.
- watchOS 9.4 introduces new emoji characters and changes to wake-up alarms, while macOS Ventura 13.3 adds new keyboard layouts, an automatic video dimming feature, and more.
AdvertisementApple released its latest software update, promising new and exciting features to iPhone, Watch, and Mac users. With the release of macOS Ventura 13.3, iOS 16.4, and watchOS 9.4, users can look forward to enjoying a range of new functionality in addition to bug fixes and security improvements. Whether you're looking for improved voice isolation during phone calls, better ways to manage your Photos library, or simply want to explore the latest emojis, there's something for everyone in this latest update from Apple.
Now, let's dive into the details of the exciting new features coming to the iPhone, Apple Watch, and MacBook.
iOS 16.4: Available for iPhone 8 and later
Voice isolation comes to cellular calls
Apple added a new feature to iOS 15 called voice isolation in 2021. It only worked on FaceTime calls earlier, but now with iOS 16.4, you can also use it on regular phone calls. This feature reduces background noise like kids playing or construction sounds so the other person can hear you more clearly. This means you might not have to repeat yourself as much during phone calls.
Easily locate duplicate photos in shared albums
The iOS 16.4 has a new feature in Photos that helps you find duplicate pictures in shared albums. If you use iCloud to share photos with others, this feature will display all the duplicates across different albums.
Music app changes
iOS 16.4 has made some changes to the Music interface. When you add a song to your queue, a small banner appears at the bottom of your screen instead of a full-screen pop-up like before. In addition, you can now organize your Library by Artist in the Music app. When you tap on an artist, their icon will appear at the top of the page. Previously, there was a search bar at the top. By tapping the artist's icon, you can access their page.
New filters for Focus Mode
With iOS 16.4, iPhone 14 Pro, and Pro Max, users can turn on or off the always-on display feature for specific Focus Modes. To do this, create a new filter and scroll to the bottom of the edit page. Then, select Focus Filter and tap Always-On Display to enable or disable it for that particular Focus Mode.
More accessibility options
iOS 16.4 has new accessibility features, such as Dim Flashing Lights, which can be found in Settings under the Motion menu. This option automatically dims video content with flashing or strobing lights and displays the timeframes when flashing lights will appear. VoiceOver support has also been expanded to the Maps and Weather apps.
New keyboards, Siri voices, and language updates
The iOS 16.4 update includes new keyboards for Choctaw and Chickasaw languages and introduces new Siri voices for Arabic and Hebrew. Additionally, there are updates to Korean, Ukrainian, Gujarati, Punjabi, and Urdu languages.
watchOS 9.4: Available for Apple Watch Series 4 and laterThe watchOS 9.4 update brings new emoji characters such as donkey, goose, blackbird, shaking head, hyacinth, pea pod, and others. Additionally, the update introduces a change to wake-up alarms to prevent accidental cancellations by muting the gesture. Also, Cycle Tracking with retrospective ovulation estimates and cycle deviation alerts is now available in Moldova and Ukraine.
macOS Ventura 13.3: Available for macOS Ventura
The macOS Ventura 13.3 comes two months after the launch of macOS Ventura 13.2, an update that added Security Keys for the Apple ID.
AdvertisementThis new update brings the following changes to the MacBook-
- The emoji keyboard now has 21 new additions, including animals, hand gestures, and objects.
- The Photos app's duplicate album feature now includes the ability to detect duplicate photos and videos in a shared iCloud Photo Library.
- Keyboards for Gujarati, Punjabi, and Urdu now have transliteration support.
- A new accessibility setting that automatically dims videos when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected has been added.
- Update includes new keyboard layouts for the Choctaw, Chickasaw, Akan, Hausa, and Yoruba languages.
Tips to identify and avoid fake ChatGPT extensions on Google Chrome
Here’s how to use Bing’s free Image Creator to generate AI images for free
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip
- Mizoram polls: ZPM dethrones MNF, bags 27 of 40 seats