How to check if your phone number was leaked in Facebook data breach of 533 million users
- Phone numbers, email addresses, locations and other personal data of 533 million
- Now, you can find out in 2 minutes if your phone number has been leaked in the
Facebook data breach.
- Out of the 533 million users, 6 million are supposed to be Indian users.
A massive Facebook data breach has leaked phone numbers, full names, locations, email address and other biographical information of 533 million users. The data breach covers 106 countries, and India is one of them.
View all Offers
View all Offers
Wipro Alivio Mid Back Mesh Ergonomic Home-Office Chair with Synchro tilt Mechanism,Adjustable armrest,Cushion Lumbar,Durable Nylon Frame,5yr wrnty,BIFMA & Green Certified,Premium Fabric (Black)₹ 10589₹ 17800Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 5 inch Single Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x36x5)₹ 5059₹ 6500Buy On
- 9% OFF
Spacewood Winner Engineered Wood Study Desk (Walnut finish,Walnut Rigato)₹ 7268₹ 9386Buy On
SAVYA HOME Apex Zoom Ergonomic Home and Revolving Office Chair (Black)₹ 3139₹ 9000Buy On
- 10% OFF
Sleepwell Starlite Discover Firm Foam Queen Mattress (78x60x4 Inches)₹ 5959₹ 6605Buy On
Out of the 533 million users, over 6 million are Indian users. It was posted for free in a low-level hacking forum, leaving affected users exposed to identity theft, frauds and more.
The leaked data has now been added to the database of Have I Been Pwned?, a website dedicated to helping users find out if their personal data has been compromised by data breaches and hacks.
AdvertisementIf you want to find out if your phone number is also included in the Facebook data breach, you can do it by following these simple steps:
- Open the Have I Been Pwned? website.
- Enter your phone number in international format. This means that if your phone number is 9876512345, then you will have to enter it like this – +919876512345.
Is it safe to enter my phone number in Have I Been Pwned?
Have I Been Pwned? service is well-known and is used by password managers like 1Password to verify if a user’s credentials like email address or password have been found in a data breach.
The service collates information leaked in data breaches and allows users to search if their email address, password or phone number has been leaked in those breaches.
You can also opt out of giving your email address to make sure it does not become publicly searchable.
533 million Facebook users' phone numbers and personal data have been leaked online
Mark Zuckerberg's phone number appeared among the leaked data of Facebook users, according to a researcher
Tim Cook says Facebook's objections to letting people pick whether or not to be tracked are 'flimsy arguments'
Popular on BI
- Shoppers Stop shares jump 15% after company reports its first profit in more than two years
- Logicserve Digital eyes to achieve 100% growth this year by focusing on Corporate Empathy Relationship
- Radian Aerospace raises $27.5 million to make the world’s first space plane a reality
- India reports more than 3 lakh COVID-19 cases for the second consecutive day, 703 deaths in last 24 hours
- Reliance Industries earnings today; HUL, ICICI Bank and Vodafone Idea also in focus on January 21