How to check your internet speed
- It’s important to have a good internet connection and finding out whether you have one is quite easy.
- There are tools available online that let you check your
internet speedin just a few steps.
- You can check your mobile and broadband internet speed.
AdvertisementIn this online first world, having a good internet connection is very important. Even if it’s just to check your WhatsApp messages, watch YouTube videos, stream movies you need a fast internet connection. But you also need to know whether your internet speed is actually fast or not, and you can do that in just a few steps.
You can check your internet speed in real time without having to download any app. It can be either your mobile internet or broadband internet connection. While there are dedicated apps and tools to check your internet speed, we tell you the easiest way to do so.
Follow these steps to check your internet speed.
Open Chrome on your phone or computer/laptop.
Type internet speed test in the search bar.
A box with information on the internet speed test will appear on top of the search results.
Tap the option to “run speed test”.
The internet speed test will run giving you the download and upload speed.
It will also show the latency and server, and tell you if your internet speed is fast or not.
While you’re on the same search results, you can choose to check your internet speed through other sites like Fast.com and Speedtest by Ookla. These tools are available as Android and iOS apps as well.
AdvertisementOnePlus 10 Pro vs OnePlus 9 Pro — Here’s what’s new in the latest flagship phone
How to check PAN-Aadhaar linking status
Popular on BI
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits