Here’s how to enable the noise-cancelling feature on Google Meet
Noise-cancelling featurewill be available for some GSuite workspaces.
- It will help remove noise interruptions during calls.
- The feature will use cloud based AI to filter the noise and let your voice through.
A cloud-based AI will be used to intelligently filter out the noise while letting your voice through. The filtered voices may sound like it is clipped or distant, but it will help get rid of such noisy interruptions.
The noise-cancelling feature has been rolling out for GSuite workspaces that have the following packages: Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, Workspace Individual Subscriber.
AdvertisementIt is on by default for some workspace accounts while you will have to turn it on otherwise.
Here’s how you can enable the noise cancelling feature on GMeet
Before a video call
- Go to meet.google.com and select a video call
- Before you join, you will have to click three dots and then settings
- You will have to select the audio settings and then turn on noise cancellation
- You can then join the call with the noise cancellation feature enabled
During a video call
- At the bottom of the screen, click the three dots for more options
- Then go to settings and select audio settings
- You can turn on the noise-cancelling feature
- The noise-cancelling feature is disabled by default and can be turned on during a call
- Tap the screen and click the three dots
- Select the settings and tap noise cancellation
- The feature is turned off by default and it can be turned on during a call
- Tap the screen and click on the three dots
- Select settings and turn on noise cancellation
Once you have turned on the noise cancellation feature, it remains on for all your future calls until you turn it off. The feature is only rolled out for the workspace accounts while it is yet to be released for the individual Google accounts.
Google Meet introduces new safety and engagement features to improve online teaching
AdvertisementGoogle Meet's latest update will ensure you don't drop off a video call due to low internet speed
Popular on BI
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- OYO IPO now faces a hurdle from a hotels lobby with 55,000 members, aside from Zostel
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Zika virus: Centre sends a multi-disciplinary team to Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur after a 57-year-old man dies due to the virus
- Paint makers stress over high raw material costs and fewer tinting machines even as festive demand picks up
- Best nail cutter sets in India