How to turn off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch in 2 different ways
- You can turn off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch with a few quick swipes or through the Watch app on your iPhone.
- When enabled, Airplane Mode prevents your watch from connecting to cellular services.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you're a seasoned traveler you know that once you board a plane it's important to switch all of your internet, GPS, and other data-connected devices to Airplane Mode to avoid interrupting flight navigation equipment.
Using the feature is simple and straightforward and once enabled, it will turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular service on your Apple Watch.
When you're ready to turn Airplane Mode off, so that you can reconnect your Apple Watch to your iPhone, data connection, and any local Wi-Fi networks, doing so is easy and can be completed via the Watch app on your phone or on the Apple Watch itself. Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Watch Series 5 (From $399 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (from $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to turn off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch
1. Lift your wrist or tap the digital crown to wake your Apple Watch's screen.
2. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch the Control Center.
3. Tap the Airplane Mode icon, which looks like a small airplane, to disable airplane mode. When enabled, the airplane mode box will appear yellow. When airplane mode is off, it will be grey.
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
You can also turn the feature off through the Settings app on your watch by toggling off Airplane Mode within the app.
How to turn off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch using your iPhone
With the following steps, you can make the Airplane Mode on your iPhone and Apple Watch mirror each other, so that turning Airplane Mode on or off on your iPhone will correspondingly turn the feature on or off on your watch.
Here's how to do it.
1. Open the Watch app from your iPhone's home screen.
2. Tap "General."
3. Tap "Airplane Mode."
4. Toggle the button next to "Mirror iPhone" to on, so that it turns green.
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
'Why isn't my Apple Watch pairing?': 5 ways to fix your Apple Watch and iPhone when they aren't connecting
How to turn the volume down on your Apple Watch in 2 ways
How to disable Siri on your Apple Watch in 3 simple steps, so you can stop activating it accidentally
How to activate an Apple Watch and set it up for use, with your iPhone nearby
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%
- India records 1,590 fresh COVID-19 cases, highest in 146 days
- Paytm announces launch of its upgraded payments platform powered by 100% indigenous technology — a shining example of ‘Make in India’
- Finance ministry clarifies on hike in STT on options trading
- No draft of Digital India Bill published for public feedback or comments