How to turn off the mouse acceleration feature on a Windows 10 computer, to get more accuracy with your mouse
- You can turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 10 if you don't find the feature helpful.
- Mouse acceleration is a feature that changes the rate at which your mouse pointer moves based on the speed you're moving the mouse - which can harm accuracy when playing games.
- To disable mouse acceleration, open the mouse settings and turn off "Enhance pointer precision."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In principle, mouse acceleration is a helpful feature in Windows 10 - it proportionally increases the movement of your mouse pointer based on the speed with which you move it across the screen.
That way, you reach your target faster, and work more efficiently. Unfortunately, it also means you're far more likely to overshoot your target, which is annoying in daily use and extremely frustrating when playing games, where accuracy is critical.
The good news is that it's easy to turn off - you just need to disable the ironically named "Enhance pointer precision" setting, which does exactly the opposite of what its name implies.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 10
1. Click the Start button and then click the Settings icon, which is shaped like a gear.
2. Click "Devices" and then, in the pane on the left, click "Mouse."
3. Click "Additional mouse options."
4. In the Mouse Properties dialog box, click "Pointer Options" to switch to the Pointer Options tab.
5. Clear the "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox.
6. Click OK to close the dialog box.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months