How to turn off the mouse acceleration feature on a Windows 10 computer, to get more accuracy with your mouse
- You can turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 10 if you don't find the feature helpful.
- Mouse acceleration is a feature that changes the rate at which your mouse pointer moves based on the speed you're moving the mouse - which can harm accuracy when playing games.
- To disable mouse acceleration, open the mouse settings and turn off "Enhance pointer precision."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In principle, mouse acceleration is a helpful feature in Windows 10 - it proportionally increases the movement of your mouse pointer based on the speed with which you move it across the screen.That way, you reach your target faster, and work more efficiently. Unfortunately, it also means you're far more likely to overshoot your target, which is annoying in daily use and extremely frustrating when playing games, where accuracy is critical. Advertisement
The good news is that it's easy to turn off - you just need to disable the ironically named "Enhance pointer precision" setting, which does exactly the opposite of what its name implies.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 101. Click the Start button and then click the Settings icon, which is shaped like a gear.
4. In the Mouse Properties dialog box, click "Pointer Options" to switch to the Pointer Options tab.5. Clear the "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox.Advertisement
6. Click OK to close the dialog box.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- NEET postponed to Sept 13 in view of COVID-19 , JEE-Mains to be held from Sept 1-6: HRD Ministry
- Record spike in daily COVID-19 cases in Nepal; total crosses 15,000-mark
- Odisha fixes Rs 2,200 for COVID-19 test in private labs
- COVID-19: Flying squad to keep check on Bhiwandi hospitals
- Delhi BJP launches COVID helpline