How to use split screen mode on your Android phone or tablet and use two apps at once
- You can use
split screenmode on Android devices to view and use two apps simultaneously.
- Using split screen mode will deplete your
Android's battery faster, and apps that require the full screen to function won't be able to run in split screen mode.
- To use split screen mode, head to your Android's "Recent Apps" menu.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Have you ever wanted to use two apps on your Android mobile device at the same time? If so, you're in luck.
Most new Android phones from over a dozen different manufacturers now allow you to run apps in split screen mode, which lets you use and view them both at once. And it's easy to activate split screen mode.You should note, however, that running apps in split screen mode can deplete your battery faster than running them normally. And not all apps can be run in split screen mode — apps that require the full screen to function, like games, won't offer you the option.
But if you do have a compatible Android device and two apps that you'd like to run in split screen mode, here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use split screen mode on an Android device1. From your Home screen, tap on the Recent Apps button in the bottom left corner, which is represented by three vertical lines in a square shape.
2. In Recent Apps, locate the app you want to use in split screen. Tap and hold on that app to open a menu. Keep in mind that some apps can't be used in split screen. 3. Once the menu has opened, tap on "Open in split screen view."
4. The app you selected will temporarily appear as a black bar on the top of the screen. Tap on the other app you want to use in split screen.
5. Your apps will now appear in split screen, and you should be able to switch between the two of them seamlessly. They'll be separated by a black bar, similar to the one you saw in step 4.
6. When you're ready to close one of the apps and end the split screen, tap and hold on the black bar in the center of the screen, then swipe in the direction of the app you want to close. The screen will appear blue momentarily and the app will close.
Apps like YouTube and Netflix are well-suited to split screen, since their video capabilities require little interactivity. Mobile games, on the other hand, might not be able to utilize split screen if their gameplay needs a lot of attention from the player.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- SBI, Airtel, Adani Enterprises, TCS and other top stocks to watch out for on August 4
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox