Here’s how to download photos and videos from a WhatsApp status
Photo by Anton from Pexels
WhatsApp statuscan be downloaded using two simple methods on your Android phone.
- You can use Google Files to access hidden WhatsApp files on your phone and save statuses.
- Alternatively, you can use a third party app Status Saver to download WhatsApp status updates.
Since its launch in 2017, people use WhatsApp statuses to share their thoughts, updates and some entertaining posts. It is similar to sharing stories on Instagram and Snapchat as they all disappear automatically in 24 hours.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 50% OFF
Allen Solly Men's Jacket (ASJKOBOP519952_Black_S)₹ 1500₹ 2999Buy On
- 70% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (89503Q_Gold/Navy_Large)₹ 2999₹ 2999Buy On
- 88% OFF
T2F Boy's Cotton Hooded Neck Sweat shirt (BYS-SS-03_Multicolor_7-8 Years_Blue, Navy_7 Years-8 Years)₹ 1800₹ 1800Buy On
- 70% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (W109Q_Deep Ocean_Large)₹ 1899₹ 1899Buy On
- 46% OFF
Levi's Navy Orange Graphic Printed Sweatshirt₹ 1077₹ 1999Buy On
There are several instances when we like someone’s WhatsApp status but are not aware of how to save them on our device. Since we cannot download the statuses directly from the app, we ask our friends to send the raw video or photo so that we can share them with others. Some of us use the screenshot tool to save a photo and the screen recorder to capture the video posted as a WhatsApp status.
What if there was a simple method to save photos and videos from someone’s WhatsApp status? Well, here are some easy steps which you can follow to download WhatsApp status on your Android device.
Download whatsapp status using Files by Google
- Download Google Files via Play Store.
- Tap on the Menu at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Turn on ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- Go to the File manager of your device and navigate to Internal Storage>WhatsApp>Media>Statuses.
- Here you can view the files of all the status that you have seen on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the desired image or video you wish to save.
- Long press to save the selected item, by choosing your desired location such as the Camera, WhatsApp Images and Downloads.
Download statuses using Status Saver
- Download Status Saver from Play Store.
- You can view all the status you have seen.
- Select the image or video that you wish to download and tap on the Save icon.
- The saved media will be stored in the internal storage of the phone.
Here’s how to share location on WhatsApp
How to set up and use the Alexa app on your iPhone
How to size and upload a YouTube banner to give your channel custom art
Popular on BI
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Top deals on recliners, sofas and more home furnishing items
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- GST on salaries? A new ruling can cause a lot of confusion and litigation
- Nykaa's rival Purplle raises $38 million from Pantaloon’s CEO, Sequoia