I'm a driver for Uber and Lyft - here are the 10 biggest mistakes I see passengers make
Clarke Bowman is a driver for Uber and Lyft in South Florida.
- Uber and Lyft users frequently make mistakes that cost them, both in money and time.
- I know this firsthand - I've been driving for both companies for almost a year, and I see riders do things that are hurting themselves in the long run.
- Some of the biggest mistakes passengers make include failing to price-check both apps before you request a ride, ordering the wrong type of vehicle, and leaving a mess that requires a big cleaning fee.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In that busy time, I have maintained an almost perfect 4.99 rating. I've given rides to hundreds of different people from all over the world.
Since nervously giving my first ride, I have learned a ton of things about this booming ride-hailing industry. A lot of what I have learned benefits drivers, but I have also learned some things that could potentially benefit passengers.
Passengers make a lot of mistakes that cost them, both in time and in their wallets, and I would imagine that most don't even realize they're making these mistakes.
Here are 10 of the biggest mistakes that Uber and Lyft passengers make that cost them.
Requesting a carpool over a regular ride.
Not price-checking both Uber and Lyft before requesting a ride.
Traveling at the busiest times possible.
Not checking your pickup location in the app, or having a bad pickup location.
Not ordering the right type of ride you need.
Not bringing car seats for your children.
Not checking for all of your items before leaving the vehicle.
Making a mess, and thus getting charged a cleaning fee.
Doing things that negatively affect your passenger rating.
Not contacting Uber and Lyft support about bad drivers, and not rating good drivers fairly.
Don't make these mistakes, and it won't cost you.
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries