India gains two spots on mobile download speeds globally
- Median mobile download speeds in
Indiaincreased from 29.85 Mbpsin January to 30.96 Mbps in February.
- India decreased two spots in rank globally for overall median fixed broadband speeds and is now at 81st position from 79th in January.
AdvertisementNew Delhi, As India rolled out 5G slowly but steadily, the country went up two spots in rank globally for median mobile speeds, from 69th in January to 67th in February, a new report said on Monday.
Median mobile download speeds in India increased from 29.85 Mbps in January to 30.96 Mbps in February, according to network intelligence and connectivity insights provider Ookla.
However, India decreased two spots in rank globally for overall median fixed broadband speeds and is now at 81st position from 79th in January.
The country's performance in fixed median download speeds witnessed a slight increase from 50.02 Mbps in January to 50.87 Mbps in February.
For fixed broadband download speeds,
In December last year, India ranked at 79th position, globally in median mobile speeds, while, in November, India ranked at 105th position.
Meanwhile, Reliance Jio's True 5G services have gone live in 365 cities, becoming the first and only telecom operator to reach such a wide network in a short span of time.
ChatGPT prompts to boost your productivity and creativity in 2023
IP ratings decoded: Everything you need to know about waterproof ratings on smartphones
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley