Indian customers spent nearly four hours daily on Fire TV devices, according to Amazon Fire TV Streaming Trends 2021
- Customers purchased
Fire TVdevices in 80% of pin codes across India.
- Smaller cities like Hisar, Tiruvallur, Chittoor, Alwar, Imphal, and South Andaman saw increased growth in sales of Fire TV devices.
- Checkout the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
While spending a considerable chunk of time indoors, customers did not just stream movies and shows on Fire TV, but also listened to music, accessed yoga and fitness content, and interacted with Alexa, Amazon’s cloud based voice assistant. Fire TV ensured entertainment for the entire family with something for everyone in 2021.
Fire TV was first of its kind when launched in India, and customers continue to love it as it remains one of the most popular streaming devices for millions of households in the country. With features like Live TV integration, which has expanded to 100+ channels from apps like Sony Liv, ZEE5, Voot, Discovery+, SunNxt, and a more personal, faster, and easier user experience, Fire TV is making TV viewing an interactive and enjoyable experience for customers. Amazon has sold more than 150 million devices worldwide and with users streaming billions of hours of content every month globally, they aim to make it their go-to destination for all things entertainment.
Some of the streaming trends from last year shared by Fire TV customers include:
Fire TV—your binge-watching buddy
- In 2021, customers spent nearly 4 hours each day watching content on their Fire TV devices, up from 3 hours per day as compared to 2020.
- 1 in 3 Fire TV customers said farewell to a cable or DTH connection.
- Customers interacted with Alexa on an average of once every 4 seconds on Fire TV devices.
- Customers purchased Fire TV devices in 80% of pin codes across India. Smaller cities like Hisar, Tiruvallur, Chittoor, Alwar, Imphal, and South Andaman saw an increased growth in sales of Fire TV devices.
- Customers across India are taking advantage of hardware and feature improvements on Fire TV, 1 out of every 4 customers added or upgraded to a newer, faster version of Fire TV devices.
- Fire TV Stick was among the top 10 most popular products on Amazon.in during Prime Day and Amazon Great Indian Festival.
- 35% customers gifted or shared Fire TV devices with their friends and families.
- Comedy retained its spot as the most preferred TV genre among Fire TV consumers.
- Fire TV users asked Alexa to play Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah once every minute, making it the most searched TV show on Fire TV devices.
- Peppa Pig, Doremon and Cocomelon were the most popular kids shows on Fire TV devices, with at least one user asking Alexa for these shows every minute!
- On Fire TV devices, consumers enjoyed watching the latest movies across languages, from the safety and comfort of their homes. Some of the most streamed movies on Prime Video include:
- Hindi - Shershaah, Sherni, Sardar Udham
- Tamil - Jai Bhim,
Sarpatta Parambarai, Master
- Malayalam - Drishyam 2, Cold Case, Malik
- Telugu - Drushyam 2, Tuck Jagadish, Narappa
- Kannada – Rathnan Prapancha, Yuvarathnaa, Roberrt
- The Family Man Season 2 was the most streamed Indian show while The Wheel of Time was the most streamed international show on Prime Video on Fire TV devices
- 1 in every 4 Fire TV user tuned into their Fire TV device to listen to music.
- Customers increased their streaming hours of Yoga and Fitness apps by 15% versus last year.
- Smart home control requests by customers using Alexa on their Fire TV devices increased by over 150% in 2021 versus last year.
Popular on BI
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?