Insider secrets you will love to know about Android's next avatar
AdvertisementIn a recent announcement to the press,
Google explained that the new naming strategy and the changes in logo have been intended to make the names connected to the brand more accessible to the users across different markets around the world. The firm believes that earlier not all people were familiar with the names coined by Google.
The other significant changes that Google has introduced pertain to the Android logo and mascot. Since its first ever release, the Android robot continues to be the company mascot. Over its journey with the Android products, the robot wore different colors from time to time including yellowish green, lemon green and bluish green.
Google opines that the color change visualized by the company does not follow aesthetic reasons alone. The said changes are aimed to resonate with the company’s policy to make the Android more accessible across all markets. The green color worn by the robot earlier was not observable to those with color blindness since green-red blindness is said to be the most commonly diagnosed category of color blindness. When more blue is added to the green, the visibility percentage is said to increase significantly to those who could not see the logo properly.
Alongside the new Android green, Google has also introduced a set of new colors including blue, navy, orange, chartreuse, and a unique shade of sky blue. These colors will be deployed across the packaging materials, visual assets and other design elements. These changes have also been contemplated to enhance the visibility and to complement the other brand colors of Google.
Google has also introduced some changes to the Android Robot. The text seen on the wordmark is to be printed in a different font that looks more circular with its curvatures matching with the pattern of the robot. The robot head has entered to Android logo and will be seen above or after the Android wordmark as appropriate to the context. Google has chosen to ditch the rest of the robot’s body from its branding designs while retaining the head alone. The robot head has also worn a new look with the antenna and eyes altered a bit to present a friendlier look.
In the same way as the wordmark, the curvature seen on the Android robot will also be implemented in other features of the UI design eventually as the idea has been inducted into the Material Design guidelines amended recently. The colors we talked above will also be accomplished prominently.
You will notice all these changes when Android 10 debuts shortly.
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Bitcoin mining: Despite the crackdown, China is back as the second-largest miner
- DigiLocker documents PAN card and driving license now accessible to WhatsApp users via MyGov Helpdesk
- India’s central bank confirms another rate hike is coming in June, but promises to soften the blow after the May shocker
- How India’s soaring inflation puts more burden on the common man's pockets
- Gene Drives: The advanced sci-fi technology to fight malaria mosquito explained