Instagram and Facebook were down for some users in North America and Europe
- Outage tracker Down Detector showed reports of issues with Instagram in Southern California and the Northeast in the US, as well as parts of Western Europe.
- Facebook, which owns Instagram, also showed
outagesin several regions in North America and Europe.
- A spokesperson for Facebook confirmed to Business Insider that its
appswere down for some users on Thursday.
Instagram and Facebook appeared to go down for users in parts of the US and Europe on Thursday afternoon.
Outage tracker Down Detector showed nearly 70,000 reports of issues with Instagram and more than 21,000 reports of issues with Facebook as of 2:30 p.m. ET.
The reports of issues at Instagram were concentrated in the Northeast and Southern California in the US, as well as parts of Western Europe. Facebook appeared to be having issues in several parts of North America and Europe. Dozens of Twitter users also posted about Instagram being down.
Both services appeared be working normally around 3 p.m.
A Facebook spokesperson confirmed that its family of apps was inaccessible for some users on Thursday.
"Earlier today some people may have had trouble accessing our family of apps due to a network configuration change," a spokesperson told Business Insider. "This issue has since been resolved, and we apologize for any inconvenience."
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu