Jack Dorsey's Square is building a bitcoin-inspired financial services business
- Jack Dorsey said Square is creating a new business inspired by bitcoin.
- It will be aimed at developers who are building financial services products, he said.
- Dorsey said its name is TBD but didn't clarify if that's the actual name.
Square is building a new business to help bitcoin developers build financial services products, CEO Jack Dorsey said Thursday.
Dorsey, who is also CEO of Twitter, said that the new business was called TBD, although he didn't clarify whether this meant he was still thinking of a name.
-jack (@jack) July 15, 2021
Square executives said in June that the company was planning to build a hardware cryptocurrency wallet and software service with the intent of making bitcoin "more mainstream."
A Twitter account for Square's new business has already been set up.
Mike Brock, who leads the Strategic Development Group at Square's payments service Cash App, will be in charge of Square's new business, Dorsey said.
Insider has reached out to Square for more information on TBD.
Square, a digital payments company based in San Francisco, has three other business lines, including Tidal, Cash App, and Square Seller.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know