Jeff Bezos predicts that people will one day be born in space and will 'visit Earth the way you visit Yellowstone National Park'
Jeff Bezospredicts that people will one day be born in spacewhile living on outer space colonies.
- Space colonies make more sense than moving to a new planet, he said in an interview Wednesday.
In Jeff Bezos' vision of the future, people will be born in space colonies and visit Earth on vacation.
Bezos discussed space,
During the interview, the Amazon and Blue Origin founder expanded on his idea for space colonies: floating habitats that mimic Earth's weather and gravitational pull. The floating, spinning cylinders would be able to hold as many as a million people and would have "rivers and forests and wildlife," he said.
"Over centuries, many people will be born in space, it will be their first home," Bezos said. "They will be born on these colonies, live on these colonies, then they'll visit Earth the way you would visit, you know, Yellowstone National Park."
Bezos first mentioned the idea of building space colonies as far back as his valedictorian speech at his high school graduation, and he said Wednesday that he believes space colonies are a better option than trying to restart life on another planet.
"Even if you were to terreform
How to establish life outside of Earth is a major point of contention between Bezos and Tesla and
For his part, Musk tweeted in 2019 that Bezos' plan won't work, either, because you'd need to "transport vast amounts of mass from planets/moons/asteroids."
"Would be like trying to build the USA in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean," he said.
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning