Jio's new ₹599 ‘all-in-one’ subscriptions offer the biggest bang for your buck
Business Insider India
- Jio new mobile tariffs go live starting 6 December 2019.
- The ₹599 ‘all-in-one’ subscription offers consumers the biggest bang for their buck.
- Jio’s ‘affordable plans’ offer the least value.
One might think that as plans get more expensive and offer longer validity, the value offered per GB also increases. But, that is not always the case.
All of Jio’s new plans offer 1,000 free calling minutes to non-Jio numbers per month. But, the ₹599 plan packs more value than the ₹2199 plan. The former gives users each GB for ₹3.57, while the latter costs ₹4.02 per GB.
Here’s the cost per GB of Jio’s new ‘all-in-one’ tariffs:
|Data||Minutes to non-Jio numbers||Validity||Cost per GB|
|1-month||₹ 199||1.5GB/day||1000||28||₹ 4.73|
|₹ 249||2GB/day||1000||28||₹ 4.45|
|₹ 349||3GB/day||1000||28||₹ 4.15|
|2-month||₹ 399||1.5GB/day||2000||56||₹ 4.75|
|₹ 444||2GB/day||2000||56||₹ 3.96|
|3-month||₹ 555||1.5GB/day||3000||84||₹ 4.4|
|₹ 599||2GB/day||3000||84||₹ 3.57|
|12-month||₹ 2199||1.5GB/day||12000||365||₹ 4.02|
|Affordable plans||₹ 129||2GB||1000||28||₹ 64.5|
|₹ 329||6GB||3000||64||₹ 54.83|
|₹ 1299||24GB||12000||365||₹ 54.13|
The new ‘all-in-one’ plans might seem all-inclusive but free calling to other networks will still be limited. Jio started implementing an interconnect usage charge (IUC) back in October. The only difference now is that as the validity of the plans increases, so do the number of free minutes to non-Jio numbers.
Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Reliance Jio have all announced tariffs hikes to combat rising losses
Recharge in advance on Airtel and Jio to brace for tariff hikes that are coming
Fact check: India's mobile tariffs aren't the cheapest in the world anymore
- Health Ministry launches portal for info on vaccine, clinical trials
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services