Joe Rogan's podcast is moving exclusively to Spotify — and it's the platform's latest addition to the podcast empire it's building to compete with Apple and Google
- Joe Rogan's massively popular podcast will become a
Spotifyexclusive, the company announced Tuesday.
Joe RoganExperience, which is downloaded nearly 200 million times per month and makes $30 million annually, will only be uploaded to Spotify starting in September. Rogan's YouTubechannel will no longer host full episodes.
- It's a victory for Spotify, which is aggressively building out a podcast empire to compete with the likes of Apple and Google. Spotify didn't disclose how much it spent on the deal.
Comedian and podcast host Joe Rogan has signed a multi-year licensing deal with Spotify, giving the platform exclusive rights to host full episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience, one of the most popular
The Joe Rogan Experience has over 8 million YouTube subscribers and is downloaded roughly 190 million times per month, according to Rogan, drawing in over $30 million annually. It has long been the most-searched-for podcast on Spotify, the company said, despite not being available on the platform before now.Spotify did not disclose how much it spent on the deal, which will help bolster the company's rapidly growing podcast empire. It follows Spotify's acquisition of podcast networks including Parcast, Anchor, The Ringer, and Gimlet
The podcast will remain free to download once it's hosted on Spotify.Read the original article on Business Insider
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC