Joe Rogan's podcast is moving exclusively to Spotify — and it's the platform's latest addition to the podcast empire it's building to compete with Apple and Google
Joe Rogan's massively popular podcast will become a Spotifyexclusive, the company announced Tuesday.
- The Joe Rogan Experience, which is downloaded nearly 200 million times per month and makes $30 million annually, will only be uploaded to Spotify starting in September. Rogan's
YouTubechannel will no longer host full episodes.
- It's a victory for Spotify, which is aggressively building out a podcast empire to compete with the likes of Apple and Google. Spotify didn't disclose how much it spent on the deal.
Comedian and podcast host Joe Rogan has signed a multi-year licensing deal with Spotify, giving the platform exclusive rights to host full episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience, one of the most popular
The Joe Rogan Experience has over 8 million YouTube subscribers and is downloaded roughly 190 million times per month, according to Rogan, drawing in over $30 million annually. It has long been the most-searched-for podcast on Spotify, the company said, despite not being available on the platform before now.
Spotify did not disclose how much it spent on the deal, which will help bolster the company's rapidly growing podcast empire. It follows Spotify's acquisition of podcast networks including Parcast, Anchor, The Ringer, and Gimlet
While those moves appeared to siphon listeners away from Apple's podcast app, the deal with Rogan is likely to draw in a significant portion of listeners who go to YouTube for podcasts. After Rogan's deal with Spotify takes effect September 1, he will no longer post full episodes to YouTube.
The podcast will remain free to download once it's hosted on Spotify.
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x