Mark Zuckerberg's phone number appeared among the leaked data of Facebook users, according to a researcher
- Mark Zuckerberg's personal information appears to be among
dataposted on a hacking forum.
- A cyber researcher said
- Insider's Aaron Holmes previously reported the leak, which affected more than 500 million users.
The cell-phone number of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is among the personal information leaked online in a low-level hacking forum, according to a researcher.
Multiple outlets reported the claims about Zuckerberg's leaked personal information. Data including his name, location, marriage details, birth date, and Facebook user ID was exposed, according to The Sun.Insider's Aaron Holmes had previously reported on the leak, which involved the personal information of more than 500 million Facebook users being posted in the forum.
"Regarding the #FacebookLeak, of the 533M people in the leak - the irony is that
Holmes reported, however, that the posting of the entire dataset on the hacking forum for free could now make it widely available to anyone with rudimentary data skills. His report quoted Alon Gal, CTO of cybercrime intelligence firm Hudson Rock, who first discovered the entire trough of leaked data online on Saturday.Previous Facebook privacy breaches include the much-publicized Cambridge Analytica saga. In that incident, personal data from over 87 million Facebook users was improperly obtained by the political data-analytics firm. Facebook was hit with a $5 billion fine from the Federal Trade Commission as part of a settlement over claims the company mishandled user data.
The company has vowed to clamp down on data breaches. In a post on its website in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica revelations, it said it would take action on potential past abuse and put stronger protections in place to prevent future abuse.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government