Melinda Gates' divorce lawyer has joined a bitter legal battle between Connecticut's state senator and her Morgan Stanley exec husband
Melinda Gates' divorce attorney Robert Cohen has joined a new legalbattle.
- The case involves a divorce between Connecticut's Sen. and her Morgan Stanley executive husband.
- Cohen has previously represented the first two wives of former President Donald Trump.
A divorce attorney hired by Melinda French Gates has also been snapped up by Connecticut's state Sen. Alex Kasser, according to CNBC. It follows Kasser's separation from Seth Bergstein, a Morgan Stanley executive.
Robert Cohen, the divorce attorney, previously represented ex-President Donald Trump's first two wives, Ivana Trump and Marla Maples. He works as a founding partner at the New York City firm Cohen Clair Lans Greifer Thorpe & Rottenstreich LLP, as Insider reported.
Morgan Stanley employees are likely to be drawn into the saga, following a ruling that allowed Kasser's lawyers to interrogate three staffers under oath.
The decision relates to what they see as the bank's illegitimate efforts to get personal financial information from Kasser even as Bergstein, continues to work there, as CNBC reports.
Many accusations in that row have sprung from a bitter case that was filed more than two years ago when Kasser split from Bergstein, per CNBC.
Commenting on Cohen's expertise, Marilyn Chinitz, whose own matrimonial clientele included actors like Tom Cruise and Michael Douglas, told CNBC: "He's a fantastic lawyer." She also described him as "talented and aggressive."
French Gates, meanwhile, is apparently winning the public opinion battle, as Insider reported.
Following the announcement that the couple were ending their 27-year marriage "after a great deal of thought," many media reports have raised questions about
Insider reported that Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella has addressed the issue, by saying that the "Microsoft of 2021 is very different from the Microsoft of 2000."
In the same report, a spokesperson for Bill Gates said in a statement that allegations the billionaire mistreated employees were false, and that he had an affair 20 years ago that ended amicably. The spokesperson did not say whether the affair was with a Microsoft employee.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry