Meta appoints Meghna Apparao as the Director of e-commerce in India
Apparao's appointment comes on the back of a series of senior leadership recruitments in the past two years, and many in the recent months, across policy, partnerships, and other key verticals, demonstrating the company's expanding charter and commitment to India.
"I am thrilled to welcome Meghna as she joins our team to lead this mandate and to shape the role our apps can play in enabling the growth of some of India's largest online and retail businesses,"
As a part of her role, Apparao will spearhead the company's strategic relationship with the country's leading brands in the e-commerce space, enabling a stronger partnership through Meta platform solutions.
Apparao comes with 20 years of experience in senior sales, marketing, and business strategy roles at companies such as Unilever, Amazon, Godrej, and Licious. Her last assignment was with Licious, where she was the Chief Business Officer.
In 2018, she was also selected for the Chevening Fellowship program at the University of Oxford.
Realme 9i first impressions — Tall display, stylish design and promising specs
Coffee Day Enterprises stock climbs 70% in 7 days
Popular on BI
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22