Microsoft’s Bing gets an AI makeover powered by ChatGPT to reset its foot in the battle of new age search engines
Image credits- Microsoft
Microsoftlaunches the updated Bing, with ChatGPTbuilt-in.
- The technology is developed by OpenAI, the maker of ChatGPT.
- Microsoft unveiled these updates a day after Google unveiled Bard, its ChatGPT rival.
AdvertisementMicrosoft launched a refreshed Bing search engine and
Microsoft unveiled these two products a day after Google unveiled Bard, its ChatGPT rival. Google’s Bard uses the company’s language model called LaMDA, while ChatGPT leverages the GPT 3 module.
At the product launch event, Microsoft CEO
AI in Bing and Edge browser
Microsoft has transformed Bing into an "AI-powered co-pilot for the web," incorporating OpenAI's large language model into its search results. The new chat window on Bing provides shopping lists, travel advice, trivia games, and more. The technology is integrated into
Unlike ChatGPT, the updated Bing can also retrieve news about recent events. In the demo, the search engine was able to answer questions about its launch, citing stories published in the last hour.
With the new Bing, Microsoft has launched two AI-enhanced features, ‘chat and ‘compose,’ for its Edge browser. These features are integrated into the Edge sidebar. ‘Chat’ lets users summarize the webpage or document they are viewing and ask questions about its content. ‘Compose’ acts as a writing assistant, generating text, from emails to social media posts, based on initial prompts.
You can try a preview version of the new "AI-powered co-pilot" technology with a limited number of Microsoft-prepared queries at bing.com. Also, you can sign up to get on a waiting list. Microsoft plans to offer it to millions of people in the coming weeks and add a mobile version.
Holy Cow! China clones three 'Super Cows' to produce milk by the gallons
Rumors suggest OnePlus is testing V Fold and V Flip foldable smartphones
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts