Microsoft releases emergency patch for Windows 10, 8 and 7 to fix 'PrintNightmare' vulnerability
An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could run arbitrary code with System privileges. An attacker could then install programmes, view, change, or delete data, or create new accounts with full user rights.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that it has completed the investigation and has released security updates to address this vulnerability.
"We recommend that you install these updates immediately. Note that the security updates released on and after July 6, 2021 contain protections for CVE-2021-1675 and the additional remote code execution exploit in the Windows Print Spooler service known as "PrintNightmare," the company said in an update.
Microsoft last week warned Windows users of an unpatched critical vulnerability that can help hackers install malicious programmes and access key data on their systems.
The US national cyber agency also admitted that the attacker can exploit 'PrintNightmare' to take control of an affected system.
The Print Spooler service runs by default on Windows, including on client versions of the
Vulnerabilities in the Windows Print Spooler service have been a headache for system administrators for years.
This time, Microsoft has issued patches for Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, a variety of supported versions of
AdvertisementSEE ALSO -
Clean Science and Technology, an Indian supplier to Bayer, has opened its IPO — and ‘subscribe’ is the unanimous call from analysts
A small hospital in a remote corner of Assam is using AI to detect strokes in tea planters
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision