Nintendo just unveiled a new $350 Nintendo Switch model featuring a larger OLED screen
Nintendohas a new, upgraded, more expensive model of the Nintendo Switchin the works.
- The new Nintendo Switch has a larger screen that uses
- Nintendo's pricing the new Switch at $350, and it's scheduled to launch on October 8.
Nintendo has a new Switch model with a higher quality, larger screen, and it's expected to launch this October, the Japanese
The new Nintendo Switch console, which is simply known as "
There is one key difference between the new Switch console and the original console that launched in March 2017: Its screen uses OLED technology and is physically larger than the previous model at 7 inches (the original screen was just 6.2 inches).
A handful of small tweaks to the original form factor are also part of the new Switch, from a larger rear kickstand to a built-in ethernet port on the console's dock. There are also some clear design changes, particularly to the console dock which now has more rounded edges. Internally, the new Switch has more storage (64 GB) and features "enhanced audio" via two front-facing speakers.
Despite previous rumors stating that the new Nintendo Switch model would be able to produce 4K visuals while docked, that doesn't appear to be the case.
Nintendo showcased all the differences between the original Switch and the latest model in an announcement video:
Got a tip? Contact Insider senior correspondent Ben Gilbert via email (email@example.com), or Twitter DM (@realbengilbert). We can keep sources anonymous. Use a non-work device to reach out. PR pitches by email only, please.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala