One of the country's biggest beer makers had to stop making beer due to a cybersecurity breach
Coorsmaker Molson CoorsBeverage Co. said it had to shut down beerproduction this week.
- A "
cybersecurityincident" caused the shutdown, the company said in an SEC filing.
- A statement from Coors said the company is "working around the clock" to get back into operation.
One of America's largest beer makers, Molson Coors, had to halt production this week the company said.
"Molson Coors experienced a systems outage that was caused by a cybersecurity incident," the company said in a statement. That systems outage has led to a variety of issues for the company, including "brewery operations, production, and shipments," according to an SEC filing.In short: Hackers forced the maker of Coors to stop making beer.
It's unclear how much of the company's beer production has been halted by the breach, nor is it clear how this will impact the company's expected production.Read more: How Michelob Ultra became a top beer seller by pitching itself as part of a healthy lifestyle
A Molson Coors representative did not respond to request for comment as of publishing.The SEC filing said Molson Coors, "is working around the clock to get its systems back up as quickly as possible." No timetable is given on when the company expects to return to normal production. Molson Coors has "engaged leading forensic information technology firms and legal counsel," the filing said, and it's investigating the breach.
Got a tip? Contact Insider senior correspondent Ben Gilbert via email (email@example.com), or Twitter DM (@realbengilbert). We can keep sources anonymous. Use a non-work device to reach out. PR pitches by email only, please.
- All Migrant workers coming to Uttar Pradesh to be quarantined
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days
- Amazon, Alibaba, Flipkart, Snapdeal and others get an angry letter from India's telecom regulator
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year