OnePlus is gearing up to release its first smartphone of 2020 - here's everything we've heard so far
- The OnePlus 8 series of smartphones is expected to be announced in the next few months.
- Few rumors exist so far, but OnePlus CEO Pete Lau has confirmed that the upcoming OnePlus phones will have an even more impressive screen than 2019's OnePlus 7 series.
- Reliable gadget tipsters have also revealed what the next OnePlus phone should look like. And other rumors suggest the next OnePlus phones might even come with wireless charging, which the company has snubbed over the years.
- Based on the expected specs, the next OnePlus phones will likely support 5G networks, too.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Another year, another set of OnePlus phones to show companies like Apple and Samsung how to balance performance, designs, specs, features, and value.
We're expecting new OnePlus phones within the first half of the year, just like we did last year in 2019, and the year before that, and the one before that.
So far, OnePlus' next smartphone series is dubbed the "OnePlus 8" by the rumor mill. Check out the rumors we've seen and what we expect in the next OnePlus phone:
OnePlus may release three phones in early 2020, including the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and supposedly cheaper mid-range OnePlus 8 "Lite."
Here's the OnePlus 8, according to previously reliable sources. It's rumored to have curved screen edges, and a selfie camera punch-hole on the top left. There doesn't appear to be a popup camera this year.
And here's the OnePlus 8 Pro, which also appears to have curved screen edges and a selfie camera punch-hole on the top left. No popup selfie camera here, either.
And the OnePlus 8 "Lite," which doesn't appear to have curved screen edges, and has a selfie camera punch-hole in the top center of the screen.
Some, if not all OnePlus 8 models, will have even faster and smoother screens than the previous models, which were already making smartphones from big names like Samsung and Apple feel dated.
As far as specs go, it's expected that the upcoming OnePlus phones will run on the latest chip from Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 865.
The OnePlus 8 phones will most likely support 5G connectivity.
There are few rumors surrounding the OnePlus 8's cameras, but it'll likely come with triple-lens systems like its predecessor.
OnePlus is likely to continue using the in-display fingerprint sensor technology it used in previous models.
There are lots of signs that OnePlus is at least considering wireless charging in its next smartphone — one of the most-requested features by OnePlus fans.
Price tags haven't been rumored yet, but it wouldn't be surprising if the OnePlus 8 series is a little more expensive than the OnePlus 7 series.
The OnePlus 8 phones are likely to be announced fairly soon in early 2020, as OnePlus has been releasing phones in May for the last couple years.
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one